The forecast wind won’t work for the beach this Saturday. It should be fine for Sanson, so the Manawatu track should be good for a sail. Let’s go up there and have a good sail, then back in time for Xmas BBQ at Barb and Ian’s in Waikanae.
Capital blokart Club Waitarere Beach 100km Marathon is on this Sunday. Wind is looking good for a quick race. Our record for this race is 2:05, let’s see if we can beat that.
See here for more details
The Capital Blokart Club Waitarere 100km Marathon is postponed due to unfavourable weather conditions.
We will try again 23/24 June
At the moment it is looking touch and go. We still need the Westerly content to come early or late.
Will update on Saturday morning before 0900
I have been watching the forecast change all week. At present, the good wind forecast is at night! We need the forecast to come in early, or late. The good news is, the change in wind direction will flatten the surf and the beach won’t be a wash.
We will make the call Friday night to whether we sail Saturday, Sunday, or postpone.